27 March 2012

Day7: Chemistry 101


wow...another new discovery today!
I've never learnt properly how to embossing. I didn't know so many thing.

Tim knows everything thoroughly! No doubt he is a real Artist, but he is also such a good teacher. It's very important thing that all Artists and Musicians (include myself) should be a good teacher as well. We have to pass on our knowledge to young generations always, otherwise all our techniques and knowledge will die in the future. But, it's very often, musicians or artists are not good at teaching. We can play but difficult to teach. Teaching is another type of talent. Tim is so lucky that he has both. and WE are so lucky that we've got a chance to learn from himself.


I found ink pads have to be very juicy, otherwise embossing powder doesn't stick to it. New ink pads were fine, but old ones, I needed to apply reinkers to ink pads before stamp.

I think... I want to have a craft iron! It's true there is big difference between "with" and "without" shiny effect. I wanted to have WITHOUT shiny on embossed area... well...! I should buy a cheap iron for crafting.



Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags, I 'need' a a craft Iron too now :) Think I might just have to get out the domestic one and risk it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags again today. You don't need a special craft iron! Get a cheap one like you'd use for clothes and make it your dedicated crafting iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags. Just beautiful! My craft iron is an old iron I picked up at a yard sale for a buck. It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful tags, great first time out embossing. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tags! I just so happen to of owned a mini craft iron from Heidi Swap that I thought I had to have about uhm...about 5 years ago or so & today I opened up the package & used it for the firs time. It's a pretty neat effect your right about that. ;) TFS

    ReplyDelete